There is a reason everyone you know is obsessed with all things avocado and it’s because they’re magical. No, really — they taste like heaven and they’re pretty healthy for you too, so it’s no surprise they’re much-loved by so many people.
If you’ve not fallen in love with the berry (did you know it was actually a berry?), then prepare to fall hard. If you’re already a huge fan, these 15 recipes featuring avocados are going to take your love to the next level. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
1. Dark chocolate protein smoothie. Chocolate for breakfast? Why not! This smoothie packs a huge punch of healthy protein, which will help get your morning going and a healthy dose of good fat from the avocado — it’s a huge win. If you’re new to avocado or it hasn’t sold you on taste yet, this is a great recipe to try first because you can’t see or taste it, but you’ll get all the health benefits.
2. Baked eggs in an avocado. Eggs are a breakfast staple because they’re full of protein, cheap, and easy too cook — and versatile too. You can have your eggs and avocado simply by cooking the egg inside the avocado. You’ll be left with a very filling breakfast filled with all the happy things to get your day off on the right foot.
3. Breakfast tostada. There is something about typical dinner ingredients being used for breakfast that just makes it taste so much better and that’s what you get with this breakfast tostada. Instead of traditional tostada toppings, use scrambled eggs, a fresh tomato slice, and some mashed avocado to give your taste buds a great wake-up.
4. Avocado lime soup. Soup for lunch is one of those choices that is easy to make because it won’t leave you so full you need a nap, but you’ll get enough energy to get you through to snack or dinner time. This recipe uses the classic pairing of lime and avocado into a perfect little bowl of happiness.
5. Avocado watermelon salad. Watermelon salad is one of those perfect summer dishes that will hydrate you and fill you up for your afternoon to-do list. This recipe takes that already awesome meal to the next level by adding in cubes of perfect avocado. The two tastes together will leave you wishing you had more time to eat because it will be hard to stop.
6. Chicken salad with avocado. Chicken salad is a meal that can be used in many ways — you can add it to a gluten-free wrap, place a scoop on top of a gluten-free cracker, or a slice of cucumber.This chicken salad recipe has all the creamy goodness, but added punch of avocado.
7. Avocado macaroni and cheese. Comfort food is always going to be the perfect thing to make when you’ve had a long day and macaroni and cheese is one of those meals. Use a gluten-free elbow pasta and take the comfort to new heights by adding in some mashed avocado into the creamy cheese sauce. It will grow-up your favourite kid meal and well, it’s just awesome.
8. Avocado spaghetti. If you’re looking for a quick dinner, then you’ve found it here! Using a gluten-free spaghetti pasta, olive oil, spices, and avocado and you’ve created one of the best dinners you will taste. It’s nice and creamy without having too much dairy (or you can opt out of using dairy all together) and still feels light.
9. Salmon avocado rice balls. It may be two-bite sized, but it’s full of flavor and very filling for it’s small size. Rice, avocado, and gluten-free soy sauce makes this a delicious combination and one that anyone in the family can really get down with. You’ll taste the avocado, but it won’t be too over-powering if you’re still not sold on the taste or texture.
10. 5-minute avocado sorbet. This recipe is all kinds of YES! You get the tasty cold texture of ice cream without all the dairy, which is replaced with amazing avocado, lime, and cilantro. If you’re looking for a stand-out twist to boring desserts, this recipe will be a real crowd-pleaser and well, it’s incredibly addictive.
11. Vegan chocolate cupcakes. Swap out the spelt flour for an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix and these vegan cupcakes will have you singing! The avocado is a hidden ingredient, meaning you won’t taste it, but all the health benefits are there.
12. Avocado cookies. These are gluten-free, grain-free, totally filled with all sorts of amazing awesomeness thanks to avocado. You won’t even taste the green yumminess in these treats because it’s the chocolate that stands out. You will be totally okay with your kids or yourself eating the entire cookie sheet of these because they’re good for you!
13. Whipped avocado, honey, olive oil hair mask. Your hair will give you a serious thank you for treating it so well after this! Combining the healthy oils of avocado, olive oil, and honey, your hair and scalp will get a much-needed hydration revival. You mix up all the ingredients and leave on for 30 minutes and you’ll be happy you did.
14. Avocado skin moisturizer. This is super simple: just mash up some avocado and rub onto your skin for oil hydration. It’s especially beneficial during the winter months when your skin is probably drier or if you want your skin to have some extra shimmer to it.
15. Honey avocado face mask. So natural you could eat it, this face mask blends avocado, honey, and if you can tolerate oats, this is a great face mask for you. If you can’t use oats due to celiac disease or other allergies, substitute with quinoa flakes and your skill will look healthy, feel great, and it’s a great weekly routine to get into for happy skin.
Photo credit: adapted from katerha | Flickr
anti seoyu kes orospu çocugu
I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s equally educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Thank you for supplying these details.